Valve Actuation & Control:
• Hydraulic Actuated
SHS & SHD series
HYDRAULIC ACTUATORS SINGLE & DOUBLE ACTING
ProControl SHS & SHD series actuators are similar to the SPS & SPD range. Many components are interchangeable, such as the centre housing, yokes, guide block and spring cans, the only major difference is the hydraulic power cylinder.
• Fabricated entirely from carbon steel.
• Totally enclosed weatherproof housing.
• Scotch yoke mechanism to suit valve torque requirements.
• Low pressure carbon steel hydraulic cylinder suitable for supply pressures up to 120 bar design.
• High pressure carbon steel hydraulic cylinder suitable for supply pressures up to 400 bar design.
• Carbon steel piston with dynamic floating O-ring seals coupled with lubricating piston guide rings.
• Carbon steel spring cartridge (only for single acting) with safety facility which allows safe installation and removal of the whole cartridge assembly.
• AISI 316SS mechanical position indicator (fully sealed IP68 to avoid ingress into the scotch yoke area) complete with VDI/VDE 3845 NAMUR drive slot for monitoring devices.
• Bronze sliding blocks which ensure minimum friction, allowing for a long service life and reducing maintenance costs.
• Bronze thrust bearings and high strength alloy steel chromium plated thrust reaction bar which guides the scotch yoke throughout its stroke and supports all transverse loads generated.
• ASTM A 320 L7 alloy steel tie rods, with standard electrolytic zinc coating according to ASTM B633 FeZn 12 (thickness 12 μm).
• Alloy steel end travel stops allow for accurate angular stroke adjustment.
• Integral manual override facilities.
• Design allows 4 x 90° actuator rotation.
• Supply pressure up to 400 bar design.
• Actuator torque output up to 1.000.000 Nm for single acting and up to 2.000.000 Nm for double acting.
• Spring starting torque up to 600.000 Nm.
• Spring ending torque up to 400.000 Nm.
• Standard operating temperature range -30°C / +100°C.
• Special low temperature application up to -60°C.
• All ProControl pressure containing parts are designed according to ASME VIII div.1 and EN 13445.
• All ProControl actuators are designed for 30 years’ service life.